- This event has passed.
Mental Health in Communities of Color Symposium
October 28, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
About the Symposium
The human toll of the COVID-19 pandemic, heightened levels of violence, and persuasive and persistent systemic racism have devastated our communities. Now is the time to take bold and intentional action. These unexpected and tragic experiences also present unprecedented opportunities to do things differently, with freshly informed equity lenses at all levels. The Mental Health Symposiums bring together local leaders, regional and national experts, community members, and stakeholders for a half-day of learning dedicated to addressing mental health and trauma through the lens of Equity. The goal is to engage in dialogue to highlight the diversity of needs of youth and adults across systems and collectively work together to identify strategies to improve care and prioritize the next steps for our communities.
PURCHASE TICKETS AT http://bipocparentvoice.org/events/
• Provide a cross-system community educational opportunity to offer long-term strategies for addressing trauma and mental health in communities of color
• Highlight the diversity of needs related to “healing” and mental health care
• Advance opportunities to address the intersection of Social Justice and Behavioral Health Care through the lens of Equity
• To elevate community voices across systems with intentional and targeted goals of promoting resilience, inclusive recovery, and equitable solutions for addressing mental health.
• Offer educational learning opportunities to address distrust and stigmas and how to leverage youth, family, and adult peer advocacy initiatives
• To present emerging and best practice models of research and culturally responsive care across systems
• To provide a forum to build collaborative partnerships that elevate the voices of patients, parents, caregivers, faith leaders, and grassroots neighborhood centers to inform and improve policies and practices through system change activities.
CEU offering -Approved for 3 contact hours of CEUs for LMSW and LCSW
The Nazareth College Department of Social Work is recognized by the NY State Department of Education, State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of social work continuing education for licensed social workers.