FREE Family Event January 15!
Join us to celebrate the inspirational and unfinished legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. with a day of creativity, friendship building, performance, and good deeds to bring out the best in one another!
For questions, please contact Youth and Families Director Audrey Kindred at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social justice writing workshops with Writopia Lab, for ages 10-12 and 13-17 (please email Audrey Kindred to reserve a seat in a workshop)
- Amnesty International’s Write for Rights Campaign, an opportunity to learn about and support dissidents and activists who are being punished for writing or speaking out for justice
- ‘Drum Majors for Justice’ workshop for Ages workshop for children under 10
- A participatory dance experience with Simba Yangala and Kamutshima Dance Troupe
- All-day arts and crafts to create a community Peace Mural
- Songs of liberation sing-a-long with DuPree and Barry Kornhauser
- Pizza, snacks, and refreshments